Prompt and accurate diagnosis of blood cancers is very vital in the management of these condition in order to improve the chances of response to treatment and ultimately survival.
Several diagnostic tests are indicated for different condition. They include:
- Complete (full) blood count and peripheral blood film
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Lymph node biopsy
- Flow cytometry
- Cytogenetics/Fluorescent insitu hybridization (FISH)
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)/molecular profiling
- Minimal residual disease
- Serum and/or urine protein electrophoresis
- Serum free light chain ratio
Your doctor will order for the test necessary to arrive at a diagnosis of your condition.
Some of these investigations may be quite exorbitant and may not be covered by your health insurance. If you require any assistance to have any of these tests done, we can support you. Contact us about our Diagnosis Access Program.
To learn more about what these tests entails, watch the following videos: